Car Accidents

Experienced legal representation for car accidents in Cape Girardeau

There is never a convenient time to get into a car accident. Establishing fault, negotiating with insurance companies and seeking compensation for damages is a stressful process that is best handled by experienced legal representatives. When you work with Layton & Southard LLC, you can be sure that your rights are fully protected under Missouri law. We not only offer you justice, but peace of mind so that you can begin to rebuild after an accident.
In case of a car accident, call an experienced
 personal injury attorney at (573) 335-3359.
Accident between two cars

Understanding comparative fault

It is important for you to understand how Missouri courts will delegate awards. Our state follows a pure comparative fault rule, which allocates damage awards based on the percentage of fault. First, the total amount of damages is assessed, and then it is determined how much each party is to blame for the accident. For example, if one driver is found to be 75% at fault for an accident, while the victim is responsible for the other 25%, then 75% of the total damages will be awarded to the victim. It is important to note that there is no empirical method of determining fault, so this largely depends on your ability to argue your case in court. In such instances, Daniel J. Grimm is in your corner, and will fight for the most favorable outcome possible.

Let us handle the details

A successful court verdict very often depends on the thorough collection and presentation of compelling evidence. We will compile a report of all damages, including physical and emotional injuries, lost wages and medical expenses. Having these details listed out will help the courts determine fault and proper compensation. Additionally, insurance companies will always try to pay as little as possible, so this body of evidence will help us to negotiate for the claims you deserve.

Know your rights

According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, 766 people were killed in auto accidents in 2014, with another 47,977 injured. In the event of personal injury, property damage or death, it is important to know your rights under the law. The Missouri statute of limitations states that all claims involving a car crash should be made within 5 years, but we recommend that you act as soon as possible so that you have plenty of time to negotiate with your insurance company. We will guide you through every step of the process to ensure that you are always aware of your rights.
Share by: