- Cape Girardeau
2845 Professional Court
Cape Girardeau, MO 63703
- Phone: 573-335-3359
At Layton & Southard, our passion is helping those we serve overcome injustice. We know the legal process can often feel overwhelming, which is why we’re committed to advocating for your interests and providing you with the information you need to make informed decisions about the best way to resolve your case.
Cases We Handle
Our attorneys have more than 100 years of combined experience, but each member of our team concentrates on one or two areas of the law to ensure we’re providing the highest level of service to our clients. Our practice areas include:
- Estate planning, trusts, and probate. We can help you prepare for whatever the future may hold and ensure you are able to leave a lasting legacy for your loved ones.
- Criminal defense. If you’ve been charged with a crime, our knowledgeable and experienced criminal trial attorneys will develop a strategy to work towards the best possible outcome for your case.
- Real estate. Both residential and commercial real estate transactions can present complex legal issues, but our goal is to protect you from unexpected risk.
- Corporate/business. Legal issues can put the future of your business at risk, but we are well-equipped to handle a wide range of corporate concerns, including contract negotiations or disputes, succession planning, compliance with government regulations, workplace safety litigation, and business purchases.
- Family law. Every family deserves competent legal advice when facing challenging issues related to divorce, child custody, adoption, paternity, and other family law concerns.
- Personal injury. When you’ve been injured in a car accident, commercial truck accident, another negligence-related incident, we can protect your right to full compensation for the damages you’ve suffered.
Regardless of what specific legal challenges you are facing, we can provide representation that’s designed to meet your unique needs. Contact us today to discuss your case.